Friday, July 11, 2014

In My Own Little Corner, In My Own Little Chair...


Maybe it was partly due from growing up in a household being one of nine kids

but I often found myself drifting off into my imagination and becoming

a character from the books I’d read or the movies I would watch.

Fairy tales stories captivated me the most with Cinderella, being my favorite. 

I would sing over and over again Rodgers and Hammerstein’s song from the movie, 

“In my own little corner in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be.

On the wing of my fancy I can fly anywhere 

and the world will open it's arms to me…” 

That is why writing is so appealing to me.

I can easily escape into the world of 

the words and images magically flowing in my mind, where the world is wide open,

in my own little corner in my own little chair.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment