Monday, February 2, 2015

TV Alert

TV Alert
I guess you can say that your odds of being on TV are a lot more likely if you live in New York City. Well, there is a good chance that you could catch a glimpse of me this Sunday, on the CBS News “Sunday Morning” with Charles Osgood, the segment on “One Hundred Books Famous in Children’s Literature”, at the Grolier Club here in New York City.
This exhibition was nearing its last week and there was no way I was going to miss out on getting a peek at some of the most beloved children’s books printed in the last 400 years. I just so happened to pick the same day that CBS News was going to be filming. 
The gallery room was rather quaint, but elegant with 100 children’s books, including original historic artifacts enclosed behind wall mounted glass cases. I was in pure delight, ooing and aahing as I admired some of the most widely known, children’s literary creations that have shined and will shine for generations to come, as the film crew entered the room. I hesitated for a moment, but I didn’t want to miss what I have come there to see; Peter Rabbit, Winnie-The-Pooh, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Where the Wild Things Are, Grimms' Fairy Tales, Charlottes Web, The Cat in the Hat, and Harry Potter to name a few. My heaven, being amongst great literary works and many in their original form. Here was another one of my NYC moments where you could of pinched me, for I was overcome with a few tears of joy, amazed at where I landed, looking upon a true classic, my favorite, “Peter Rabbit”. 
They did manage to capture me towards the end of their filming, as I was reading to a child from one of the books that they had in the middle of the room, available for children to look at. If you see me, than I guess I have beaten the odds. I had no idea that something I wanted to experience so bad would lead to me possibly being on TV. Gosh, I was just worried about whether I should take the bus or maybe the train today to get there. I'm one lucky girl either way.

www.cbsnews.com/news/celebrating-immortal-childrens-books/

No comments:

Post a Comment